If you fancy a healthy and quick recipe for when you get those afternoon munchies, look no further! These little balls of delight are excellent with a cup of tea and would be perfect for a pre/post exercise treat due to the high protein content from the almonds and fast releasing sugar from the dates. What is more, the recipe includes just 3 ingredients!
- 100g Pitted Dates
- 150g Almond Butter (shop bought or Almond Butter recipe)
- 75g dessicated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until mixed well. Stop the blender and push the mixture down if needed.
- Sprinkle a surface with the extra dessicated coconut
- Take out a small section of mixture at a time, roll into a ball and roll in the coconut.
- Eat straight away, or refrigerate for at least an hour to harden, creating a more truffle like texture.
- Lasts up to 2 weeks if refrigerated.