I often make an oat and fruit jar the night before work, ready to grab-and-go in the mornings to enjoy in work. However, if you have time in the mornings, they are just as good made fresh. I love thick Greek yogurt, but in fact a slightly runnier yogurt works best here as the oats soak up a lot of the juices creating a bircher like muesli.
I have been celebrating the Soil Association’s #WakeUpToOrganic campaign today, promoting organic food in the UK. This morning I enjoyed a wonderful free pot of homemade organic granola and yogurt with honey from my local organic supermarket Better Foods, made by Elly at Pear Cafe. This recipe is similar, using the traditional breakfast ingredients of oats and yogurt topped with fruit and whatever else you fancy. Cacao nibs work well, as does honey, bee pollen, nuts and seeds. It is completely flexible, so get experimenting. Buy organic to celebrate #WakeUpToOrganic as well.
Oat and Fruit Jar
- 30g Organic Oats
- 100g Organic Natural Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Milled Linseeds (I use Linwoods organic seed and goji berries)
- 2 tbsp Frozen Mixed Berries (thawed if making in the morning)
- Add a couple of tbsp yogurt to the bottom of your jar, then sprinkle on the oats.
- Add the rest of the yogurt then top with the linseeds, then the fruit.
Change up the fruits and toppings to keep things interesting.