It’s hard to make houmous look sexy! This chickpea and tahini paste just isn’t very exciting to look at. That said, it is a staple of my diet so I feel like it should get a mention on here. It is another one of those recipes that I make so often I take for granted, as it is so quick and simple to make from store cupboard ingredients. It tastes much better than the shop bought kind too and takes less than 5 minutes to make, so give it a go and see how easy it is.
- 1 400g/ 240g net can Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 heaped tsp Tahini Paste
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ Garlic Clove
- ¹⁄3 tsp Sea Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Paprika, to serve
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in a serving bowl and top with paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with crudités or pita chips.