An easy, vegan and healthy homemade Thai green curry. The sauce takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and can be frozen for later use. Just add a protein such as tofu, some fresh vegetables, coconut milk, lime and herbs and you have a wonderfully fresh healthy meal full of vitamins.
You can freeze some of the mix if there are leftovers, you can alter the pungency of of the curry by adding more or less of the paste. This should serve 4 – 6 people.
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- Juice of 3 limes
- 6 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Handful fresh coriander including stalks
- Handful fresh basil including stalks
- Chop all ingredients roughly, blend.
You can use whatever vegetables you have to hand here. I used the following:
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 150g tofu
- Frozen Edamame Beans
- Thai round Aubergines
- Choi Sum (could use pak choi or other leafy green)
- 1 Shallot
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Chop the tofu and vegetables, add to the pan and cook until browning, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Thai curry paste and cook until fragrant (2-3 minutes)
- Add the coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes