Courgette feta fritters make a wonderful starter, snack or light dinner. Using buckwheat flour in the batter keeps them light and gluten free. We served these with a spicy avocado chilli and lime salsa which was fresh and cut through the richness of the fritters. Makes 4 fritters
Courgette Feta Fritters
- 2 Medium Courgettes
- 1 Organic Egg
- 1 tbsp Buckwheat Flour (or plain flour for non gluten free)
- Splash Organic Milk
- 50g Organic Feta
- Salt and Pepper
- Butter or Olive Oil, for frying
- Grate the courgettes into a colander. Scatter 1tsp salt over and place over a bowl or sink to drain. The salt will draw out some of the moisture from the courgette. Leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze out as much moisture as you can from the courgette and place in a bowl.
- Add the egg, flour, feta and pepper and mix to create a batter.
- Heat a large frying pan and add enough oil/butter/combination to shallow fry.
- Split the mixture into 4 and shape into patties.
- Place in the frying pan and fry on each side for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a fresh salsa or dip like the avocado, chilli and lime recipe below.
Avocado, Chilli and Lime Salsa
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- 2 Fresh Chillies
- Handful Fresh Coriander (or frozen)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Drizzle of Avocado Oil
- Cut the avocado in half, twist and remove the pip. Squeeze out the green flesh into a bowl.
- Juice the lime into the avocado. This will stop it colouring and add a zinginess to the salsa.
- Finely chop the chillies, garlic and coriander and add to the avocado.
- Add seasoning to taste and serve with the fritters, drizzling with a little avocado oil.