I have sung the humble beetroot’s praises for it’s ability to increase athletic performance in previous posts, so what better vegetable to use in a post-run smoothie! Mix it with some ingredients rich in protein such as hemp powder and chia seeds, and you have an excellent powerhouse smoothie.
- 1 Cooked Beetroot (vacuum packed beetroot is quick and easy, make sure it is not in vinegar)
- 100g Mixed Frozen Berries
- ½ Banana
- 2 scoops/ 30g Hemp Protein Powder (I use Good Hemp Nutrition as it is not bitter AND the hemp is grown in my home county of Devon)
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Wheatgrass Powder
- 1 tsp Bee Pollen
- 350ml Water or choice of plant milk
- Bee pollen
- Flaked Almonds
- Dessicated/ Flaked Coconut
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with whatever toppings you fancy.