An aromatic, zesty baked rice dish that is the perfect accompaniment to a warm and comforting daal. This dish is super healthy, vegan, gluten free and deliciously fragrant. The whole house smelt amazing.
- 200g Long Grain Brown Rice (any other rice is suitable provided you adjust the cooking times)
- 1 Lemon
- 3 Birdseye Chillies (Dried or Fresh)
- A Pinch Smoked Chilli Flakes
- A Pinch of Smoked Paprika
- 200ml Boiling Water
- A Small Bunch of Coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Rinse the rice and place in a lidded pan suitable for the oven (a baking tray with foil will suffice).
- Slice the lemon in half, pierce with a knife and place both halves face down in the rice.
- Finely dice one of the chillies and sprinkle over the rice. Hold one or two chillies back to place on top.
- Add the smoked paprika on top.
- Roughly cut half of the coriander and sprinkle over the rice.
- Add the water, cover the dish and place in the oven for about an hour.
- Remove the dish, squish the lemons into the rice to release all of the delicious, fragrant juice.
- Fluff a little to release the steam, this stops the rice overcooking, add the chilli flakes and serve.